This week is all about new things for me – I’m in the process of establishing new habits and routines with some inspiration from the Sorta Awesome podcast, which, more often than not, is also keeping me entertained while I do my thing. I’ve also binge-listened to Serial, knocking out the first season in the last three days, which has made all the laundry and dishes and cleaning and organizing and putting away and throwing away a LOT more bearable.
Other than podcasts, here are some of the things I’m excited about right now.
- Bullet Journaling – This seems SO up my alley. I am actually over the moon about giving this a try. I may or may not have
- Intuitive Eating – I’ve been able to look back on my college experience and identify some disordered eating for quite some time, but only recently have I realized that my issues with food have been evolving and persisting throughout my adult life. It kind of hit me over the head a few months ago – I am not able to stop eating those Hershey’s nuggets with the toffee and almonds. I am drinking obscene amounts of Dr Pepper when I’m in pain, because emotionally it’s like Linus’s blankie. That was not okay with me, and I’m trying to figure out how to heal that. Intuitive eating is something I’m exploring as a possible way of restoring a healthy relationship with food and my body. [Incidentally, I gave up DP in November – not the first time I’ve done so – and have pretty faithfully stuck to my guns, drinking the occasional beverage that’s fresh and real (like fresh-squeezed lemonade), tea, alcoholic beverages, and LOTS of water. And I feel fantastic. Better than I’ve felt in a long time. So even if I had a DP every now and then (which is honestly not even tempting at the moment), I think the water drinking is here to stay.]
- I’m reading a brief biography of John Chrysostom (that someone mysteriously gave me, along with a couple other, less random books, as a wedding present), and I’m really fascinated and encouraged. I think the whole biographies of awesome people bandwagon might have something legit going on.
- Waking up! I am not a morning person AT ALL. Except I’ve started to get up in the mornings with my husband – and if I need a nap, I need a nap, no harm done – and I’m LOVING IT. What on earth??
- Tea – I got a tea kettle as a wedding gift – actually, we got several tea-making items, but I’m talking about the classic tea kettle I got from my sweet friend B – and I have been using it and LOVING it. When you’re drinking water, water, and more water – cucumber water, lemon-lime water, regular water, fizzy water – tea, even black tea without any additions, is so luscious. I’ve started drinking a cup or two a day. My go-to is peppermint tea, but sometimes I also will drink some decaf Earl Grey (I know, I know – it’s still got caffeine, but it’s Earl Grey, people! It’s worth it!)
- My husband refused to buy me a Squatty Potty for Christmas, so I used the Amazon $$ his parents gave me to buy one for myself, and it arrived today, and I am actually beaming with excitement, which is super weird.
Well, that’s what’s floating my boat these days. What are y’all into? I’d love to know what’s making you buzz like a bee!